Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thank You For The Trials

This time last year, I thought my world was over. I had reached the point where I felt that I would never overcome such sadness and hurt. I had always believed God would take care of me because after all He wanted the best for me, right? I thought so but it had been about two years of disappointment after disappointment. I wanted to give up. Clearly God was busy working with someone else. I accepted the fact that I would always feel this way from letdowns from school, and friendships. I shut myself out of everything. I’d wake up, go to work, and half way do my schoolwork because I had no desire. I grew accustomed to it. But eventually I decided that I was tired of living and feeling like that. Who wouldn’t? It was exhausting and I didn’t want my relationships with my family to burn out because they were/are all I have.

PSALM 91:14-16 – “The Lord says I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in My name. When they call on Me, I will answer. I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them My salvation.”

I am here to tell you that I even though I assumed God was working with someone else, I was wrong. He was and is still working on me. I had been walking down a never-ending hallway with doors all locked. I tugged and tugged trying to open them, but God would not unlock them. I am so thankful that He kept them locked. I wouldn’t be who I am today if I would have taken the easy way out. God was with me the whole time. He rescued me, and protected me. I called on Him and even though I didn’t hear Him right away, He answered me. He was and will always be with me in trouble.

“The deepest level of worship is praising God inspite of the pain; thanking God during the trials, trusting Him when we’re tempted to lose hope and loving Him when He seems so distant and far away. At my lowest, God is my hope. At my darkest, He is my light. At my weakest, God is my strength. At my saddest, God is my comforter.”

Without the trials of the past two years, I wouldn’t have known that my calling in life involved working in the ministry. I wouldn’t understand what it is truly means to trust God with EVERY little thing in my life. I wouldn’t have seen just how beautiful, absolutely wonderful and magnificent it is to have a relationship with God. There are not enough words to describe the feeling. It is one you must experience. Life isn’t 100% perfect and peachy for me, and I will face more trials but I am ready because God is on my side. He will rescue me like so many times.

And YOU reading this, whatever trial you are facing, God WILL rescue you because He loves you and wants the absolute best for you. Begin to thank God for your trials today even though you don’t understand now… one day you will.


JOHN 13:7 “Jesus replied, “You don’t understand now what I am doing, but one day you will.”

No comments:

Post a Comment