Monday, March 17, 2014

Which Highway Are You On?

First off I'd like to say thank you to those of you who read this blog and share it with others. Your kind words mean so much to me! I'm always reminded of why I wanted to start this blog in the first place. Thank you, again. :) If you have been keeping up with my posts then you will remember how a few weeks ago I was asking for your prayers about a big scholarship at a college I was really wanting to go to next fall. I felt really good about the interview and classroom discussion I was in. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I was going to be, instead I felt really calm. It was all a God thing. I knew He was beside me the whole time and that is just a wonderful feeling. :) However, I did not receive the scholarship. It was upsetting but I knew that God had a different plan for me. I figured it just meant a different school, but boy, I was wrong. Throughout this whole process I have always asked God to lead me in the direction He wants me to go. This past week or so I have done some major soul searching and God has answered my prayers. I believe that I am called to do something that I would have never in a million years pictured myself doing. I am still praying for more answers before I share with everyone what that calling is. But like I said before, thank you for all the prayers. :)

This week is revival at Wynnbrook Baptist Church and Ken Freeman is the guest speaker. (Look him up, he's awesome!) Tonight (or today. Depends on when you read this) I want you to think long and hard on what highway you are on. Are you on the highway to heaven? Or highway to hell? Heaven is for real, just like hell is for real. There is no escaping the two. No matter how you try. 

James 4:13-17
13 Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” 14 How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. 15 What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.” 16 Otherwise you are boasting about your own plans, and all such boasting is evil.
17 Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.

We don't know how long we have on this earth. Nobody does. That is why it is important to know where you are going to be when it's all over. Getting into heaven isn't as simple as just going to church one day, walking down the aisle and being baptized then not showing up again. To get into heaven you must have a relationship with God. No pressing the snooze button, get up and read your bible before work. Spend quiet time with God. Talk to Him as a friend. Share everything with Him even though He already knows it all. God loves hearing from us. Having a relationship with God does take work, but the outcome is beautiful. God loves us so much. Always strive to do what's right. We aren't perfect. We will stumble and fall at times. That's life. But God is always there to pick us right back up when we fall. When everyone in this world walks out on us, God doesn't. 

Many people hear about God and choose to take the easy, earthly route. We should feel sorry for them. We should be witnessing to them even when they tell us no. 

Luke 12:21
21 “Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.”

2 Peter 2:4
For God did not spare even the angels who sinned. He threw them into hell,in gloomy pits of darkness,where they are being held until the day of judgment.

We can't escape it. It will happen. We will be judged. The choice is up to us. We could be gone in the blink of an eye, so today is the day to make that decision. 

Psalm 39:4

Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered—
 how fleeting my life is.


Are you going to choose the easy path with the wide gates? Or the path with narrow gates?


Matthew 7:13-14
13 “You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell[a] is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. 14 But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it.

Matthew 7:21-23
21 “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. 22 On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ 23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’


As Ken Freeman would say: Hell is hot, but Heaven is not. :) 

Which highway are you on? Highway to heaven? Or highway to hell?

No comments:

Post a Comment