Thursday, February 13, 2014

Lead Me Where My Trust Is Without Borders

February has been such a hectic month. Balancing a new job, school work, and getting ready for Scholarship Day in 10 days can be quite time consuming, and overwhelming at times where I just want to say, "I quit. I'll go to a different college closer to home. No biggie." Where is the fun in that? I could be missing out on many opportunities. Some of you already know that I will not be able to attend Wesleyan in the fall unless I get the scholarship I am competing for. Throughout this whole process I have been trusting that God would open the doors He wants open and close the ones that are meant to be closed. I also pray that if He does decide to close the door that I will understand His reasoning and know that there is something better headed my way. I won't lie and say it has been easy because the closer February 22nd gets, the more stressed I get.
I wanted to share a verse I read the other day. 
Exodus 23:20 "See, I am sending an angel before you to protect you on your journey and lead you safely to the place I have prepared for you." 
When I read this verse the other day at work, I thought "Wow." I am not going through this crazy month alone. God is walking right beside me. Everything is already done. He knows how everything is going to turn out. He knows if I will get the scholarship, or if I won't. He will protect me no matter the circumstances. 
This scholarship requires a self drawn portrait. I have never picked up a pencil to draw, or have even had a art class my whole life. Imagine the shock when I started to draw and the picture turned out pretty decent. It is all God working through me. If I get this scholarship, it isn't because of my talent or because the drawing and photographs turned out beyond amazing. It will be because of God. I didn't get to where I am on my own. This is a overwhelming and exhausting process, but I am excited to see where this goes and where God is going to lead me. 

Check out this amazing song which I have had on repeat and will continue to have on repeat all month!


                        

How is God working through you? What are you trusting Him with these days? He longs for a relationship with YOU. Surrender all you have today to Him and see where it leads you. His plans for us are 10x better than the plans we make for ourselves. :)

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

No comments:

Post a Comment